Welcome!!!

Welcome!!!
And thanks for visiting! This blog has given me the opportunity to share my work with the WORLD! Isn't that amazing to think about?! It seems, almost overnight, the world has shrunk in size. Please continue to visit. I hope you like what you see.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

ANOTHER AWARD!!!

When I received a runner up reward from Creative Quarterly for their issue 27 competition, I had mixed feelings- happy that my art had been acknowledged but disappointed that it was a runner up. You see, the runner up awards aren't published in their magazine. The only place to view these pieces is on their website (www.cqjournal.com). I truly appreciated receiving the award and felt quite honored actually, but I also wanted to see my artwork in their magazine. Feeling determined, I decided to enter their competition for issue 28.

I thought of all the illustrations I had completed over the last few months and decided to enter something quite different from my previous entry. This entry wouldn't be narrative (tells a story). It would be conceptual (based on an idea, thought or word)- a form of illustration which seems to be acknowledged in competitions more so than the narrative. Well, I guess I was wiser with my decision this time around because I actually received another award, and this time it wasn't a runner up! Yippee and Wahoo!!!

The Creative Quarterly Issue 28 will hit the stands in November and I will be in it!!! If you live near a Barnes and Noble, go pick one up or order one online!

Here's my winning piece. The title is "HOT":


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cynthia, you're getting well deserved recognition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite paintings from our Illustration 2 Class! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam! Maybe you're not into the competition thing but I really think you should enter (I don't remember what it's called) the woman with the many colors. I think it would definitely get in!!!

      Delete
  3. Cyndi Waldron!!! This piece is incredible. I hadn't seen it til just now!! Congrats, you deserve this award. This is GREAT. What's the medium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, Ginny. Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot. It's a mixed media piece. The background is digital which I printed out as a color copy. I then painted acrylic on top and finished it with some pen and ink. It was fun to do.

      Delete