Welcome!!!

Welcome!!!
And thanks for visiting! This blog has given me the opportunity to share my work with the WORLD! Isn't that amazing to think about?! It seems, almost overnight, the world has shrunk in size. Please continue to visit. I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ANOTHER COLORING PAGE FROM ME TO YOU


This was one of my very first illustrations I ever completed at UVU. It was an assignment for my Illustration 1 class. Wow! It seems so long ago! A professor from the English Department at UVU was creating online ESL readers for anyone who was interested in learning English. My teacher thought it would be great to help him out with some illustrations. Our class accepted the project and chose to illustrate two books. Each student illustrated one page out of one of the books. The book I was assigned was about kittens. I don't remember the story exactly I just remember that my page was, "Kittens get sick."

After looking back at some of my old works, I realized this would make a great coloring page, so I decided to ink it up. Here ya go!


I hope, that by posting my original illustration, I haven't swayed you to use the colors I personally chose. I would LOVE to see the creativity of your kids. Maybe in their version each cat would have polka dots or stripes. Maybe the kittens are sick with chicken pocks. Maybe they will be colored blue because they are sad. I don't think I could even come close to imagining what your kids can come up with but I would sure like to see their works when their done. Scan them in, when their finished, and email them my way. Maybe I'll post some up on my blog!

For those that are having a difficult time trying to figure out how to print these, here's some directions for you to follow.

SAVING AND PRINTING DIRECTIONS: (This is how I would go about printing from my IMac. It may be a little different on your computer, but I hope this, at least, helps some.)

1. On your computer, create a file, title it Coloring Pages, and save it on your desktop or somewhere convenient.
2. On my blog, click on a coloring page to enlarge and isolate it.
3. Right click on the image and choose "SAVE IMAGE AS"
4. Rename the page, if you would like, or just keep it as it is.
5. Choose to save it to the file on your computer which you had previously created.
6. Click "SAVE"
7. Now the coloring page is saved on your computer and in your file. Open your file and then click on the coloring page you would like to print to open it as well.
8. Go to the top of your monitor, scroll down under "FILE" to "PRINT". I've created my coloring pages so that they can each be printed at 100%. No need to reduce the size. They fit perfectly on an 8.5 x11 sheet of paper.
9. You may need to rotate the paper from portrait to landscape depending on the page you are printing. Click "PRINT"
10. You should now have a coloring page to enjoy with your children. Have FUN!!!

2 comments: