Welcome!!!

Welcome!!!
And thanks for visiting! This blog has given me the opportunity to share my work with the WORLD! Isn't that amazing to think about?! It seems, almost overnight, the world has shrunk in size. Please continue to visit. I hope you like what you see.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

TRUNK OR TREAT

My church held a carnival and a trunk or treat for all the little kids who live in the neighborhoods that surround it. I was asked to come up with a game for the carnival part of the evening. I decided to do a revision of the famous game, "Pin The Tale On The Donkey". I didn't come up with a catchy name for it but, basically, the participant is to put the candy in the monster's bag.

I started with designing my monster. I drew it quite small (on a piece of 8.5"x11" paper). Once I was satisfied with it, I brought a digital file to Kinko's and had them blow it up to a little over 5 feet tall. It took me a day to paint it. I used basic tempura paints. When I was finished, I cut it out and brought it to a local copy shop to get laminated. I think it turned out pretty well. The kids had a great time! I gave each child a piece of candy (from suckers to bubble gum) with double sided tape applied to one side of each piece. The older kids were blindfolded and spun around. The littler ones just had fun putting the candy inside the bag. I thought it was a great success! I still need to come up with a catchy name. "Put The Candy In The Monster's Bag", just doesn't do it for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment